Sunday, June 25, 2006

Problems

Have removed intermediate assembly. We could not keep the short chain on. Was going to pickup a new 3-ring front sprocket on Friday but due to an unfortunate incident with my wife's truck breaking down and a unexpected costly repair I'll be delayed a few days. The smaller front sprocket will give me the low end torque I need. I'm considering taking apart the freehub that was the intermediate and mounting it directly to the axle then figure out a way to get the derailer mounted. I've already mounted a smaller sprocket on the left-hand side going to the rear wheel. This helped alot with the low end. Hopefully this week I'll get things worked out.

The other problem is my steering is binding for some reason. I will need to put a bell crank to get some ackerman worked into the steering. One of the problems is the disc's are flexing. We'll have to make another setup to replace the disc's. Probably a 'L' shaped piece that will have more strength.

0 comments: