Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Morning ride

Did my first morning ride before work today. Tried a slightly different route this morning and I felt it. The cool morning air made it enjoyable. I passed a couple of young boys walking to school when one asked me "is that a bike?" When I said yes he looked to his friend and said "it is a bike!" I also passed 3 women walking and i moved off the sidewalk to go around them without incident. They all commented on my bike. This was all great after my ride last night. As I came up the hill in front of the house I downshifted and thought I had trashed my right-rear derailuer. I managed to repair most of the damage last night but still isn't right. I see a little of what is wrong so I might try to repair rather than replace but not sure yet.

On a different note. On Sunday I email a very nice woman who runs a site called http://www.supersizecycles.com. She specializes in bikes for large people. I emailed her and told her about my decision to build my bike. I sent her the link to the blog and she emailed me back withing a couple of hours. She thanked me for my email and told me if I get my design worked out she might like to buy some bikes from me. This was a big thrill. I don't know I will ever get to that point but it would be nice to know that I might could sell my bike design.

0 comments: