Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Another day another great ride

Took a ride Halloween morning and passed a few people walking. The first was group of ladies walking and commented on my bike and how different and interesting. The second was 2 young boys on their way to school. They stepped off the sidewalk to let me pass and one asked "is that a bike?" After replying yes he turned to his friend and said "it is a bike!" The more people see me riding the more interesting looks I get.

I'm still having problems with the main chain jumping off. I'm going to have to mount a tensioner from a derailluer to provide tension. My rear light is not working to well and took steps tonight to improve that. I ordered a small strobe light for the rear as part of my birthday present. I have a small 12V battery and will mount perfectly underneath my seat. With this change I plan on changing the front lights to provide better visibility. My initial concern was that I needed cars to be able to see me. This works well but the problem is these lights were designed to be used at distances of 3 to 4 feet. This doesn't work riding down the sidewalk in the evening. I'll have to mount a switch to run everything and a quick disconnect to charge by.

0 comments: