Sunday, November 05, 2006

Another workday

Didn't get to ride today. Got the wood stove in the shop working properly. Had to make an adjustment on the reinstalled blower. Paint still wasn't quite ready to allow me to reinstall the left side bar. Polished up my front light and made mounting brackets for both. Have ordered the other light. These lights came on pre 67 bugs and karman ghia's. I welded the brackets onto the front of the fork assembly but this time it will be isolated from the jarring action of the fork moving up and down. The previous design suffered from my mounting it to the secondary brake mount. I've made a switch plate that I welded to the bottom of the seat-back mount facing outwards. I've got two toggle switches that will controll the new strobe and the front lights. We started making the frame for the battery to sit in that will be mounted below the seat. If everything goes well tomorrow after my ride I should be able to get the cradle completed and maybe even wired up. I'll try to remember to take some pictures tomorrow.

0 comments: