Saturday, November 25, 2006

Axle repair

Made repairs to the main axle. PIcked up a cobalt drill bit to drill through the case hardened bottom bracket. My first attempt I only drilled into the tip. I hand to clean the old axle adapter (cutoff crank piece) then put back together. Did not get the two pieces to join together correctly so I pulled the two together then drilled hole for tension pin. Reconnected everything and looks good. Will try to get some pictures in the next couple of days. Had the Thanksgiving turkey in the shop smoking so wasn't able to work in there. I'm still looking for some led replacement lights for the front. The light is good but doesn't provide enough narrow beam but has wide path visibility. Have found a better version of the MR11 halogen setup. If led's don't work I'll look into that.

0 comments: