Saturday, November 04, 2006

Handle Bars

Well I finally got around to taking pictures of the handle bars. I thought I had a problem last night with the drivetrain. Something was slipping when pedaling. I couldn't find anything so the only thing I could figure was I was on uneven ground and was slipping on one wheel due to the fact the other chain had jumped off the front axle sprocket. But enough about that. When I originally did the current bar design I cut one slightly shorter than the other on the mount tube. I made an extension to weld onto the shorter piece then ground it down and painted. The pictures are of the right-side bar still mounted and of the modified left-side painted. I will eventually paint the other as well as the other bare metal areas.

I also found a light to use for the front since the "head" lights are not working as planned. The light is a backup light from an old VW. It provides a wide beam and should work well. I did find some online so if I decide to get another and mount in the same area as the current lights. I have found a small motorcycle battery that will mount perfectly under the seat. With the strobe light that I ordered and this front light I think this will be cool. I'm planning on mounting 2 switches. One for the strobe and one for the front light. If need be I have the room to run another battery in paralell. I need to find a good trickle charger to run this so it will charge overnight but not overcharge. The last picture is just to give some perspective on the size of the battery.

I didn't ride today due to alot of running around but I did do a fair amount of walking. Nothing to get the heart rate up for any extended time but it was exercise. Hopefully I'll have the handle bars back on tomorrow and we'll see how hte balanced bar setup works.



0 comments: